Head of Driver Training
Are you a Head of Driver Training looking for a role that will give you a new challenge whilst also offering a rewarding opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives?
Road to Logistics is a Community Interest Company, established with Government backing, to tackle the Driver shortage. Our goal is to provide an innovative and effective way of bringing new drivers into the industry, through offering free driver training and qualifications to individuals who may be considered vulnerable or marginalised.
We are now looking for a Head of Driver Training who can join our team, to lead in the delivery of driver training programmes across the country.
Overseeing a team who will be responsible for all things training and qualification related, you will be an experienced Manager who is committed to giving trainees a fantastic experience throughout the programme, and providing that extra level of support and care that may be required.
As our Subject Matter Expert, you will be our go to for all technical advice regarding Driver Training and Road Transport Operations for other staff and customers.
- Practical and Theoretical training of learners to both Cat C and Cat C+E test level.
- Experience of managing internal and external audits on training processes and Providers
- Sound understanding of Ofsted protocols with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding all necessary requirements
- Delivery of Driver CPC Training on several different modules.
- Delivery of ADR Regulations Training (Preferred but not Essential)
- Delivery of Transport Manager CPC Training (Preferred but not Essential)
Knowledge and Skills:
- To hold a clean ordinary driving licence and LGV Cat C and Cat C+E licence.
- Managing and motivating a team geographically dispersed.
- Coaching and Mentoring of individuals to instil confidence and develop their talents.
- Management Accounts and Budgetary control.
- Identifying opportunities for new business development
- Measuring performance to meet customer requirements.
Road to Logistics is still a fairly young company with all the agility and dynamism that comes as part of our growth journey, but with the security that comes from being backed and supported by government funding and our parent organisations, the RHA and Microlise.
We are looking for someone who is excited by the idea of coming on the journey with us, helping us grow and develop through the delivery of world-class training, and a shared passion of helping the industry solve the issue of driver shortage, whilst helping individuals to change their lives.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!