Are you a Finance Manager looking for a role that will give you a new challenge whilst also offering a rewarding opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives?
Road to Logistics is a Community Interest Company, established with Government backing, to tackle the Driver shortage. Our goal is to provide an innovative and effective way of bringing new drivers into the industry, through offering free driver training and qualifications to individuals who may be considered vulnerable or marginalised.
We are now looking for a Finance Manager who can join our team, to look after the finance department and advise the business on finance strategy moving forward
As a training organisation, we are particularly interested in talking to individuals who have a background in either training or logistics
We are a small organisation so this is a big role! We are looking for someone who is capable of managing the monthly and year end accounts, advise on financial considerations within the programmes we run but who is also happy to manage the more transactional elements of finance such as sales and purchase order raising.
We are a very strong team who work together to create the best outcomes. Even our senior managers are happy to get their sleeves rolled up and get stuck into the operational elements of the business, so we are looking for a likeminded individual who enjoys a large and all-encompassing role
This role is home based and as such, can be based anywhere in the country, with the need to travel occasionally for various meetings.
- MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTS: -Preparation of Monthly Accounts, Weeklies/Quicks, Costing exercises, profit and loss, overhead apportionment, KPI’s, Liaison with Department for Transport
- BUDGETS:- Support in preparation and phasing, forecasting
- PAYROLL:- Administration & Authorisation, updates, Tax & NHI, Expenses
- ANNUAL ACCOUNTS:- Balance Sheet, liaising with External Auditors, filing with Companies House
- SALES:- Authorisation of new accounts, processing of Sales Invoices, Sales Ledger, Credit Control, Credit Note Processing, Banking, Revenue Accruals
- PURCHASES:- Authorisation of new suppliers, purchase order register, purchase order processing, Supplier Invoicing Processing, Purchase Ledger, Payment of Suppliers, Cost Accruals, DVSA System Link
- CAPITAL ITEMS:- Capex approval, Depreciation Policy, Asset Register, Leased equipment, Tax allowances
- Relevant Financial Qualification
- Logistics or training sector background
- Operating a Finance Department within a CIC or Charity would be preferred but not essential
- Ability to build relationships and influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Experience of working for a business on a growth trajectory
Road to Logistics is still a fairly young company with all the agility and dynamism that comes as part of our growth journey, but with the security that comes from being backed and supported by government funding and our parent organisations, the RHA and Microlise.
We are looking for someone who is excited by the idea of coming on the journey with us, helping us grow and develop through the delivery of world-class training, and a shared passion of helping the industry solve the issue of driver shortage, whilst helping individuals to change their lives.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!