Train to be a HGV Driver with Road to Logistics (Buckinghamshire)
Road to Logistics is a Community Interest Company established with Government backing, to tackle the UK Driver Shortage.
We are offering individuals who are currently out of work and claiming a qualifying benefit, the opportunity to train to be a HGV Driver, with a guaranteed interview with one of our logistics partners in the Buckinghamshire area.
The training and test will all be paid for, so all we need from you is a UK driving licence with no more than 6 points, and commitment to the programme.
LGV C+E Driver - Key Responsibilities:
- Supervising the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage
- Ensuring that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer's property; if in doubt, consult with the customer and/or Shift Manager
- Checking goods off with Customers and obtain signature and print
- Mandatory use of company technology i.e. tablets
- Provision of excellent customer service
- Driving the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law
- Driving within the tachograph law and driver hours limits
- Looking after the vehicle and ensuring that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the driving cab
- Ensuring accidents are kept to a minimum
- Reporting any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company's accident reporting procedure
- Completing vehicle daily inspection sheet and give to Shift manager
- Attending essential training in order to carry out the driver role
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures, including the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy
Gaining a HGV licence usually costs around £3k so this is a unique opportunity to gain a new qualification with no cost implication for you. The Road to Logistics course is a 6 week programme that will take you from car license to Category C+E and includes the Driver CPC qualification, Health and Safety Qualification and some employability and sector awareness training.
Driving is a really rewarding job. No two days are the same and you will be interacting with a large range of customers, representing your organisation and ensuring the safe and timely collection of waste.
Logistics is a fantastic sector to work in, with lots of opportunities for progression once you have your foot on the first rung of the ladder. It is also a booming industry so there are plenty of roles and crucially during these difficult times, lots of job security.
- Full, valid UK Driving Licence with no more than 6 points
- Currently out of work and claiming a qualifying benefit
- Not currently on any other DWP scheme such as Kickstart or Restart (contracted provision)
- Physically able to do a fairly manual role