Train to be a HGV driver with Road To Logistics -Runcorn/Widnes region
Road to Logistics is a Community Interest Company established with Government backing, to tackle the UK Driver Shortage.
We are offering individuals the opportunity to train to be a HGV Driver, with a guaranteed interview with one of our logistics partners in the Liverpool City Region (Sefton,Knowsley,Wirral,Liverpool,Halton)
The training and test will all be paid for, so all we need from you is a UK driving licence with no more than 6 points, and commitment to the programme.
LGV C+E Driver - Key Responsibilities:
- Supervising the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage
- Ensuring that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer's property; if in doubt, consult with the customer and/or Shift Manager
- Checking goods off with Customers and obtain signature and print
- Mandatory use of company technology i.e. tablets
- Provision of excellent customer service
- Driving the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law
- Driving within the tachograph law and driver hours limits
- Looking after the vehicle and ensuring that it is not subjected to unnecessary damage
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the driving cab
- Ensuring accidents are kept to a minimum
- Reporting any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company's accident reporting procedure
- Completing vehicle daily inspection sheet and give to Shift manager
- Attending essential training in order to carry out the driver role
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures, including the Company Standards of Performance and Health and Safety Policy
Gaining a HGV licence usually costs around £4k so this is a unique opportunity to gain a new qualification with no cost implication for you. The Road to Logistics course is a programme that will take you from car license to Category C+E and includes the Driver CPC qualification, Health and Safety Qualification and some employability and sector awareness training.
Driving is a really rewarding job. No two days are the same and you will be interacting with a large range of customers, representing your organisation and ensuring the safe and timely collection of waste.
Logistics is a fantastic sector to work in, with lots of opportunities for progression once you have your foot on the first rung of the ladder. It is also a booming industry so there are plenty of roles and crucially during these difficult times, lots of job security.
-Full, valid UK Driving Licence with no more than 6 points
-Live in the Liverpool City Region (Halton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens or Wirral)
-Be aged 19+
-Have the right to work in the UK with a National Insurance number
-Not be enrolled on other funded training such as an Apprenticeship, Higher Education or Kick Start
-Be registered unemployed and be able to demonstrate a readiness to return to work, or want to return to work after time out (e.g. looking after adults or children)
Be currently employed and looking to re-skill or change career.Please note, this is subject to individual criteria
Be employed full time and want to develop your skills in your current role (in this case, your employer must register interest)
Be self-employed and want to develop your business
-Physically able to do a fairly manual role