Are you an experienced LGV Driver Trainer, looking for a role where you can really make a difference?
Road to Logistics is a Community Interest Company, established to tackle the Driver shortage. Our goal is to provide an innovative and effective way of bringing new drivers into the industry, through offering funded driver training and qualifications to individuals who may be considered vulnerable or marginalised.
This is an exciting time to be joining Road to Logistics, in the 2.5 years we have been operating, we have successfully taken over 250 people from car license to Cat C or C+E, and 80% of those individuals are now in employment.
We are now looking to capitalise on this success by opening our own driver training centre in Liverpool.
We are looking for a talented LGV driver who will be responsible for training our learners, taking them from car license to ready them for tests in either a Category C or C+E. We work with a huge spectrum of individuals so an ability to adapt your teaching style to the various needs of the learners is vital.
- To instruct and train candidates to DVSA test standards
- Carry out daily vehicle checks on training vehicles
- Carry out driver assessments
- Ensuring the learners arrive for tests within the required timescales
- Maintain records for training in accordance with company policy and awarding body standard
- Provide a vibrant, engaging and positive approach to training, with strong awareness for legislation and following company policy
- To maintain a high standard of professionalism at all times
- To keep up to date with industry standards
- To be an ambassador of the company; training, coaching candidates and supporting colleagues
- Adherence to company policies and procedures
Requirements of the HGV Instructor:
- Previous experience in HGV training is desirable.
- 2 years + of Cat C+E experience
- Driver CPC Training qualification is desirable.
- Advanced driving qualification would be advantageous.
- Understanding of the DVSA requirements
- Proficient in MS office (word, excel, ppt)
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to guide and motivate people.
- Passionate about teaching people
- Demonstrate compassion and empathy where required
- Ability to work within a team and also use own initiative.
- Must have attention to detail.
In return, as well as fantastic job satisfaction, the successful applicant will receive a salary in the range £35,000 to £42,500 with a potential bonus for successful training performance. Other employee benefits include a Company Pension Fund and Sickness Scheme.
Road to Logistics is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process, please let us know.